MGM - DETC
We deliver the NATED courses or /Report 191 N4-N6 programmes in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Art and Graphic design. Each programme progresses through three levels N4, N5, and N6 and every level takes an instructional period of three months or trimestral. At the end of each successfully completed trimester, the student / learner is eligible for a National Certificate on that level. It takes an instruction period of 12 months to complete the national certificate cycle.
On completion of 12 months instructional period, MGM-DETC students / learners must complete fourteen months (14) intense practical design and engineering training and will be sent to a Ten (10) months’ workplace training, to complete the summative 24 months’ workplace experience to be eligible to receive the prestigious National Diploma. It is our objective to create a new class of highly skilled workforce suitable for every industry in the business and engineering environment.
Our vision is to provide excellence in education and skills development, and create a capacity for direct application of the knowledge in the industries.
It is our mission to transfer knowledge and skills, to develop a professional attitude in the learners and induce in them the spirit of design, engineering, manufacturing, construction and management to meet the need of local and national business and labour market.
- Quality: We are committed to the highest standards of excellence. We are accountable.
- Learning: We are learner-focused. We make informed decisions and take appropriate risks to enhance the student experience.
- Responsiveness: We monitor the global marketplace and respond quickly. We embrace innovation and creative thinking.
- Teamwork: We communicate effectively and honestly. We work collaboratively to achieve shared goals. We are open to each other’s ideas, feedback and change. We establish strong partnerships.
- Inclusion: We embrace the principles of fairness and equity in everything we do. We treat each other with respect. We create and thrive in a stimulating, collegial, highly professional and receptive environment.
Why do we Exist?
Our primary objective is to provide an outstanding Engineering and technology Education to the current and future generation of South Africa and the rest of the world.
We Provide design and practical expertise to Architects, Civil and Construction Engineers, Structure Designers , Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Products Manufacturers, Digital Designers and Projects Managers. We provide training to public servant in the efficient management of public entities
Why Choose MGM-DETC
We believe that anyone who studies at our college will receive world-class education and gain skills they can immediately implement at workplace our immediately create their own employment.
Our staff members uphold our ethos of honesty and integrity, and we stand by our word because it is our bond. Our students are similarly expected to carry the same attitude throughout their time at our institution; we expect our students, staff and partners to hold a high level of integrity, which is the trading currency in our operations.